Chébé Hair Milk, One-Step Detangler with Chébé +
Oat + Green Tea (250mL/8.5 fl.oz)
Chébé Styling Gelée, Light Hold with Chébé +
Brassica (200mL/6.8 fl.oz)
The key ingredient is SALWA PETERSEN® proprietary 100% natural ChébéBond™ Complex formulated
with an exclusive variety of organic Chébé seeds, grown on our regenerative farm in Chad. These heirloom Chébé seeds are 100x more potent than more common varieties of Chébé. Our complex is made in our state-of-art Paris lab and clinically proven to promote stronger, longer, softer hair. There’s no comparison. Demand the best.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Curly: 3A, 3B & 3C.
Fine, Medium and Thick.
Low, Medium and High.
Damage, Split Ends and Breakage.
Chébé Hydrating Shampoo with Chébé +
Cleanses without stripping hair.
Hydrates, fights frizz and promotes shine.
Chébé + HA™ Nourishing Conditioner
with Chébé + Hyaluronic Acid
Nourishes hair, and helps it attract and maintain
Improves elasticity and prevents breakage.
Chébé Hair Milk, One-Step Detangler
with Chébé + Oat + Green Tea
Detangles, reduces frizz and retains moisture levels.
Leaves hair smooth, shiny and manageable.
Chébé Styling Gelée, Light Hold with Chébé
Enhances and defines curls.
Provides soft hold and shine.
WHY IT WORKS?
SALWA PETERSEN® CHÉBÉBOND™ COMPLEX – Strengthens, lengthens and softens hair.
SMART RESTORATIVE TECHNOLOGY™ – Identifies weak or damaged hair cuticles and delivers our proprietary SALWA PETERSEN® CHÉBÉBOND™
Complexto repair from the inside, out.
ARGAN OIL – Nourishes and smooths dry hair.
POSTBIOTICS – Enhances healthy hair growth, soothes, and respects the scalp’s microbiome.
GREEN TEA – Helps prevent hair loss.
In a 21-day study *:
100% demonstrated silkier, shinier and softer hair.
94% demonstrated visibly stronger and longer hair.
94% demonstrated hair more resistant to breakage.
Based on consumer-perception study of 54 participants using SALWA PETERSEN® Haircare.
What Else You Need to Know about SALWA PETERSEN®’s Chébé:
Chadian women are known for their long, strong, luxurious hair, a rare phenomenon for tightly textured hair. Their ancient ritual centers on the Chébé ingredient. This nutrient-rich seed is naturally packed with antioxidants, vitamins and oleic acids– essentials for beautiful hair. In techniques passed down from mother to daughter through generations, Chébé is harvested, sundried, roasted, powdered and mixed with other ingredients to strengthen and lengthen the hair.
Our founder, Chadian native Salwa Petersen, was gifted an heirloom variety of Chébé by her great grandmother. These ancestral seeds are 100x more powerful than any of the other commonly found Chébé in Chad. In 2017, Salwa established her organic farm and open-sky laboratory in Chad to nurture that wonderful heritage. Skilled farmers paid 5 times the minimum Chadian wage (equivalent to European
salaries) hand-pollinate, grow and harvest the seeds using regenerative, traditional farming methods that respect the natural cycle of nutrients in the soil, producing our exclusive Chébé.
We carefully oversee every step of the Chébé process in-house, ensuring that the hair-fortifying nutrients of the seed are preserved. Our single-source heirloom Chébé extract is used to create our proprietary ChébéBond Complex™. It is crafted as the primary active ingredient in the SALWA PETERSEN® salon-quality haircare line to benefit every wave, curl, coil and kink.
For every product sold, we give back 1% to African Parks Network to support people, planet, and culture since day 1.
Chébé Hydrating Shampoo: 99.2% ingredients from natural origin. The remaining 0.8% are necessary for the stability and olfactory qualities of the formula.
FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS: Aqua (Water), Decyl glucoside, Glycerin, Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil, Inulin, Argania spinosa kernel oil, Croton
Gratissimus (Chébé) Seed Extract, Citric acid, Chondrus crispus (Carrageenan) powder, Squalene, Sodium benzoate, Xanthan gum, Tocopherol, Parfum (Fragrance), CI 19140 (Yellow 5), CI 15510 (Orange 4), Beta-sitosterol, CI 61570 (Green 5)
Fragrance description: This refreshing unisex floral scent features notes of bergamot, water lily and marine accord.
Chébé + HA™ Nourishing Conditioner: 98.7% ingredients from natural origin. The remaining 1.3% are necessary for the stability and olfactory qualities of the formula.
FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS: Aqua (Water),
Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil, Glycerin, Cetearyl alcohol, Distearoylethyl dimonium chloride, Cyamopsis tetragonoloba (Guar) gum, Croton
Gratissimus (Chébé) Seed Extract, Sodium hyaluronate, Squalene, Parfum (Fragrance), Guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, Sodium benzoate, Citric acid, Tocopherol, Beta-sitosterol
Fragrance description: This light citrusy scent features notes of citrus zest, ginger and eucalyptus.
Chébé Detangling Hair Milk: 99.2% ingredients from natural origin. The remaining 0.8% are necessary for the stability and olfactory qualities of the formula.
Fragrance description: This light green and fruity scent features notes of black currant, verbena and moss.
Chébé Styling Gelée, Light Hold: 99.3% ingredients from natural origin. The remaining 0.7% are necessary for the stability and olfactory qualities of the formula.
FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS: Aqua (Water), Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil, Glycerin, Brassica alcohol, Brassicyl valinate esylate, Croton Gratissimus (Chébé) Seed Extract, Sodium benzoate, Calcium gluconate, Parfum (Fragrance), Citric acid, Tocopherol
Fragrance description: This light citrusy scent features notes of citrus zest, ginger and eucalyptus.
We regularly update the lists of ingredients used in the composition of our products. Before using, read the ingredient list on the packaging label to ensure that it is suitable for your personal use.
Cleaner than Clean Beauty: Free of Sodium
Lauryl Sulfate and Sodium Laureth (SLS & SLES), silicones, parabens, mineral oil, phenoxyethanol, chlorphenesin, phthalates, coal tar, formaldehyde
liberators, PEG compounds, propylene glycol, triclosan/triclocarban, plastic microbeads, talc, nanomaterials, and thousands of other ingredients that are likely to pose a risk to human health or to the environment.
It is also vegan, gluten-free, cruelty-free, and comes in recyclable packaging. Finally, it is not tested on
animals and complies with European Union product safety requirements– considered to be the strictest in the world.
HOW TO USE
Apply a quarter-size amount of Chébé Hydrating Shampoo to wet hair, working into the scalp and pulling through to the tip. Lather, rinse and remove excess water.
Apply a quarter size amount of Chébiotic™ Hair Mask, Repairing Deep Conditioner from root to tip. Rinse
thoroughly after 5 minutes.
Follow with Chébé Styling Gelée, Light Hold on damp hair. Apply section-by-section, smoothing from root to tip. Let Chébé Styling Gelée, Light Hold air dry or use a cold air diffuser. For softer bouncier curls, use hands on dry hair to scrunch away the crunch, followed by SALWA PETERSEN® Oil of Chébé ™,
Fortifying Hair Oil (sold separately) to seal in moisture. Use on dry hair as a flyaway tamer or edge styler (with light hold).
In between wash days, refresh your curls with the SALWA PETERSEN® Chébé Hair Milk, One -Step Detangler and seal in the moisture with SALWA PETERSEN® Oil of Chébé ™, Fortifying Hair Oil (sold
separately). If your curly hair is drier, you may consider adding to your routine the SALWA PETERSEN® Chébé
Buttercream, Styling Cream (sold separately) every other day.
Color-treated, keratin-treated, chemically treated, and relaxed hair.
Sulfates, silicones, phthalates, parabens, mineral oils, gluten, and thousands of other ingredients that are likely to pose a risk to human health or to the environment.
Is it vegan and cruelty-free?
Yes, and yes!
We believe a sensory experience is key to enjoying and using hair care. We use the absolute minimum amount of fragrance to create a pleasant usage experience and to help mask active ingredients that may not smell great on their own. We never use more than 0.3% of synthetic fragrance in our haircare formulas and focus on naturally derived fragrances whenever possible.
Suitable for children?
Yes, from 3 years old.
Suitable for pregnant and nursing women?
Yes, and yes! We recommend seeking your doctor’s advice in case of doubt.
Suitable for grey hair?
I am going through menopause. Can I use this product?
Did you not find an answer to your question? Please ask below.
I have 3B-3C hair and this set works very well for me.
SALON RESULTS AT HOME
Our #chebecircle loves using @salwapetersen products! See them in action.
@aurelieriouxofficial 43.1k followers
“I tried the well-known SALWA PETERSEN® products. My hair smells sooooo good and is well hydrated. The products are lighweight. And there, I slept on it, I didn’t put anything. It’s perfect, I say YES!”
“You often ask me what I use on my hair. I'm currently using the SALWA PETERSEN® brand, I don't know if you know them. And seriously, it's so good, so so good! I don't get paid to say that. Honestly… It's THAT good!”
”An extract from a nutrient-rich seed from Chad –used for centuries for healthier-hair is the main reason why this cream can moisturize and strengthen hair”.
2021 BEST PRODUCT FOR WAVY HAIR
“ All you need to do is apply a pea-size dollop to dry or damp hair, and you’ll very literally feel the difference after just a few weeks. Think: softer, longer, stronger, healthier-feeling hair.”
2022 BEST STRENGTHENING CREAM
“ Coils, kinks, waves and everything in between— this curl necessity keeps your strands hydrated and defined.”
2022 BEST IN BLACK HAIR: CURL CONQUERORS
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM @SALWAPETERSEN
SALON-QUALITY RESULTS, VEGAN INGREDIENTS, CRUELTY-FREE TESTING, ECO-FRIENDLY PRODUCTION, AND A TRADITION OF GIVING BACK
Clinically Proven Results >
We don’t trade results. Our science-backed products are dermatologically and clinically tested. The reported results on all textured hair types, straightened and protective styles speak for themselves: up to 94% stronger and longer, and 100% softer!
Giving Back to People, Planet and Culture >
Starting from day one, 1% of all proceeds support conservation projects in Chad with NGO African Parks Network. The skilled farmers we employ on our organic farm to hand-pollinate, grow and harvest our exclusive variety of heirloom Chébé found only in SALWA PETERSEN® formulas are paid 5 times the minimum Chadian wage– equivalent to European salaries. We use traditional and regenerative farming methods to produce only the highest-quality Chébé products.
Clean, Vegan and Cruelty-Free >
We do not use any product of animal origin including, but not limited to, animal collagen, gelatin, keratin, sheep lanolin, honey, beeswax, and carmine. We test only on human volunteers. We exclude ingredients from our formulas that are likely to pose a risk to human health or to the environment, including parabens, silicones, sulfates, mineral oil, drying alcohols, phenoxyethanol, PEGs and many more.
Eco-Conscious and Sustainable >
We’re eco-conscious and committed to sustainability. We design everything with a circular approach: post-consumer recycled (PCR) materials including ocean-bound plastic, 100% infinitely recyclable packaging, certified FSC paper from well-managed forests, upcycled, wild-harvested, organic and fair-trade ingredients, green electricity, water returned clean to nature and carbon neutral operations. SALWA PETERSEN® is an end-to-end sustainable company and brand.
Accessible Salon-Quality Textured Haircare >
We work with some of the most acclaimed hairstylists in the world to bring our products from concept to market. You can find SALWA PETERSEN® products in the shampoo bar and styling stations of salons from Paris to NYC & LA, as well as in celebrity stylist’s kits backstage on film shoots, at red carpets, during fashion week, in film festivals and more. Salwa Petersen believes that everyone deserves the best for their textured, curly, coily, kinky and wavy hair. This means products that include luxurious ingredients, clean formulas, clinically proven actives, and eco-friendly packaging, delivering salon-quality results without the luxe price tag.
Concentrated, Made in France Formulas>
When we create our proprietary 100% natural ChébéBond™ Complex, and our exclusive haircare formulas in our Paris labs, we take steps to ensure you’ll be able to understand every ingredient used in them. Our formulas are minimalist and contain only active ingredients, without unnecessary bulking agents or fillers. They address specific concerns, so we can provide effective solutions for everyone with curly, coily, kinky and wavy hair.
EVERY SALWA PETERSEN® PURCHASE GIVES BACK 1% TO NGO AFRICAN PARKS NETWORK SINCE DAY 1
We go great lengths to make the transformative power of Chébé accessible to everyone with curls, coils, kinks and waves, by connecting ancient rituals and modern hair science for salon-quality results.
Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.